Smash and See is the first secret level of Castle Island in Croc: Legend of the Gobbos. It is open to those who have collected the 6 Gobbos from the last three normal levels: The Tower of Power, Hassle in the Castle and Dungeon of Defright. The level contains no Gobbos, but offers the seventh of eight Jigsaw Pieces is located at the end of the level used to unlock the secret Crystal Island.
Walk along the rows of crates. The Spike Dantinis here cannot be directly attacked. You can, however, remove a crate from in front of their path so that they will fall down. When the Spike Dantini's not around, smash a crate and hold forward so you don't fall in the hole yourself, then wait until the Spike Dantini falls. The crate eventually reappears, but the Spike Dantini doesn't. You have to get rid of all four Spike Dantinis in this way to receive the Gold Key by the locked door. Repeat in the next room.
The next room contains pretty much just more of the same, with the added slight complication of your having to ride platforms up after taking out the first Spike Dantini. Go up the two sides first, drop the Spike Dantinis there, then go up the center to the exit. Causing all Spike Dantinis to drop again provides you with the Gold Key by the exit. Repeat once more in the room with the Spinning Gears until you reach the Jigsaw Piece.
Yippee! An image gallery for Smash and See is available. Click here to access it.
- The level's title is a twist to the phrase "wait and see".
- This is the only level that contains Spike Dantinis.
- This level is one of two that has a Dantini guarding the Jigsaw Piece, the other being Arabian Heights.
- This is the only level that does not contain any crystals.
- This level contains the most Gold Keys of any level; three in total.
- This is the only level to hold Smash Boxes which contain nothing in them, and are used for Croc to stomp on them to block the path of the Spike Dantinis which must be done in order to get a Gold Key to unlock each Locked Door in the level.
- In the final area of this level Croc can avoid killing the Dantinis and just get the Puzzle Piece since there is no key needed.