The plot is largely the same as the console version.
The game is a side scroller. It contains several platform levels, vehicle levels, and boss fights. The order of the levels is loosely based off the original game.
Differences from other versions
- The music is the very similar, only sounding different due to Gameboy Color limitations.
- Level design is very different.
- Some aspects from the prototypes, such as Bonus letters have been kept in.
- Levels are not named
- Crystal Island is completely absent from this version, even if you collect all the Jigsaw Pieces. Collecting all Jigsaw pieces instead unlocks a minigame mode in which the player can freely play the bonus minigames which appear at the end of each level.
- Contains enemies not found in the regular version
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.